A well-styled sofa can really make a difference in the over all look of your living room. Even a perfectly good, beautiful sofa can seem dull without the right styling elements. Follow these simple tips to help spruce up your sofa.
- Update your rug to one with a bold pattern. This can define a neutral area and help complement your sofa.
- Replace your lamp with a floor lamp that’s taller and sleek to polish the whole look around the sofa.
- To balance the space around the sofa, add a plant to the opposite side of the sofa.
- Add a large framed piece of art above the sofa. You want to keep it simple so one piece of art is plenty.
- For a quick update to your sofa, add a blanket or throw. Draping the throw over your sofa can soften up the design.
- Use four to five pillows to add comfort. You’ll want to use different shapes and sizes to fill the sofa out. Try mixing a few different patterns or shades. This can add comfort and really transform your seating space.